rck

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:RupCd.697060$%k.317645@pd7tw2no...
rck wrote:
I have a few of the small windows installed between 16 in center studs.
Put two of them side by side and it looks like one large window. Got 'em
from a mobilhome supply store online. They are like two storm windows
each having latches facing inward, aluminum for outside and white enamel
for inside. The outside window includes a screen. They have caulking tape
and screws to match but must be ordered as separate items. This is where
I bought them: http://store.yahoo.com/amhs/windows.html If you have a
local mobilhome supply store, check with them to get an idea of what they
are.
Bob

"Erin" wrote in message

I'm looking to add light to a room.

It will cost a bit to open up the wall to reframe it for windows.

Does anyone sell windows that I can just put inbetween the studs with a
short section of 2x4 above and below to frame it in?

The studs are 14" on center.

I know they'd be small, but if I put a lot of them in, it seems like the
end result would be fine.

Thanks,

-E

Hi,
RV windows are single pane. Aren't they?Not good for colder climate.
Tony

The windows I suggested are a set of two, one mounted on the outside of the
house and the other mounted on the inside wall. This gives a roughly 4 inch
space between which provides some insulation. Where I live it gets down to
zero or slightly below and I haven't had any problem. I'll agree it may not
be the ideal solution, but the OP put forth a problem that was somewhat out
of the ordinary. As the saying goes, necessity is a mother.

Bob