xrongor

based on many experiences, the typical contractor:

has about a third grade education (in america we call this a 9th grade
education). nonetheless, their way of doing things (taught to them when
they were still young enough to learn, a process which has long since
halted) is the ONLY way it will work, and any other way is just insane.
questioning anything they say will result in immediate price doubling, or no
callbacks.

has child support payments owed to two different women. its hard to think
straight with two screaming women calling you all the time asking for the
check. so if its near child support payment time they may have never got
any of your messages. they're hiding from the phone.

would never DREAM of actually doing the job. they have plans to hire it
out, under the table for 10 bucks an hour, to whichever alcoholic or college
student answers the phone that week. when you finally do reach them you get
some sort of 'well i told this other guy to call you back and schedule a
time' answer.

has or had a coke problem.

fortunately, if you look hard enough you can find an atypical contractor.
unfortunately this is a long process.

randy

"Kim" wrote in message
My husband has been remodeling our house himself for the past 5 years. On
the
3 occasions we needed someone to do some work, 2 out of 3 made
appointments and
didn't show up or call, and one showed up once, then never showed up
again.

Is this the norm?

We are currently finishing a kitchen remodel and need to have a granite
counter
installed. Called a guy who was recommended, he made an appointment to
come
today at 1:00 and show samples, etc. And never showed up or called.
What gives?

Any suggestions on finding someone reliable?

Thanks,
Kim