willshak

On 1/3/2005 10:08 PM US(ET), Kim took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

My husband has been remodeling our house himself for the past 5 years. On the
3 occasions we needed someone to do some work, 2 out of 3 made appointments and
didn't show up or call, and one showed up once, then never showed up again.

Is this the norm?

We are currently finishing a kitchen remodel and need to have a granite counter
installed. Called a guy who was recommended, he made an appointment to come
today at 1:00 and show samples, etc. And never showed up or called.
What gives?

Any suggestions on finding someone reliable?

Thanks,
Kim

If it's anything like where I live, which was recently reported as being
the fastest growing county in the state, they're all too busy building
new $1,000,000+ homes.
You might go over to Lowes or Home Depot and check out their counters
and installation schedules. They may have local contractors that work
exclusively for them.

--
Bill