Phisherman

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:45:01 GMT, Ben Hockenhull
wrote:

I'm thinking about building a permanent workbench in my basement, and I'm
thinking about bolting a ledger board to the wall for the rear support.
It's an exterior wall, poured concrete.

Should i expect any problems from drilling 2-3 inches into my foundation
to put in some anchor bolts? Drainage on that side of the house is quite
good.

I probably would not do this. But, I recommend the small concrete
(blue) screws with construction adhesive to secure the ledger.

None of my workbenches are fixed. Some have cabinets or shelves
underneath that provide enough weight to keep the bench stable. If
you don't have anything to store there you can use sandbags.