Uncle

"Erin" wrote

I'm looking to add light to a room.

It will cost a bit to open up the wall to reframe it for windows.

Does anyone sell windows that I can just put inbetween the studs with a
short section of 2x4 above and below to frame it in?

The studs are 14" on center.

I know they'd be small, but if I put a lot of them in, it seems like the
end result would be fine.

Thanks,

-E

Double check your on center b/4 you order or buy a window. 14" O.C. is a
bit unusual, usually studs are 16" or 24" O.C. Which would leave a opening
of 14-1/2" & 22-1/2" respectively. Do allow room to shim & square up window
in the opening, usually you deduct 1/2" from opening to allow for this.