Winslow.

thanks guys, i am in australia so i dont think its that brand.

it is a cord puller type, not a wand type, the "pulling up" thing works,
just cant rotate the blinds, yeah seems stuck in the pulley up top...

Had a look on a chair in there though, couldnt see much except the rope and
the pulley!

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Winslow." wrote in message
Ive got a venetian blind (wooden horizontal pieces) and its permenantly
shut.
The two pullers that allow me to rotate the blind/curtain open and

closed
are jammed and locked - somewhere in the round pulley up top I guess.

Can I fix this easily?

It can be fixed.

From your description (The two pullers ) I am assuming you have a cord

tilt
blind and not a wand tilt blind. Do you know the brand name. I ask

because
Levelor sent out a lot of blinds with weak, if not defective, mechanisms.
If that is the case the entire assembly will need to be replaced. Not

that
hard, but you will need parts and guidance.

If you are the original purchaser of a name brand blind, the dealer can

get
it repaired by the factory for FREE.

The advice to take it down and look into the headrail was good advice.

You
will be able to see what the problem is with most blinds on the market.

Post more info.

Colbyt