Ned Flanders

Is it the toilet or the drain that clogs??

I fixed a problem like you described by putting a toilet auger
through the toilet after I pulled it up from floor. A bar of soap
came out and a toothbrush. The toothbrush would slowly build
up TP then clog; A plunge would clear it for a while.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Since you mentioned you had a dog... is it the same toilet? We had a
similar problem -- our dog was dropping nylon bones in the toilet --
the symptom I noticed was that the toilet was draining/flushing slowly.

If there is a hard foreign object in the toilet, it may be really hard
to see/get out. I had to remove the toilet, flip it, and use a coat
hanger to get the bone out. The first time I took the toilet out (and
flipped it), I didn't see the bone inside.

Hope this helps, Herb