LFR

Default PB pipe

This is a general information question for anyone who might have an answer...

I have polybutylene pipe in my home. The house was built in 1991. SO FAR (as I know, anyway) I have not had any problems...BUT...Is there a possibility that I won't have any problems with this kind of pipe?

I currently live in Virginia but hail from New England (where copper is king) so have no real knowledge of what problems I may face in the future.

My understanding is the problems associated with this pipe is with the joints as opposed to the pipe itself.

Should I be proactive and get rid of this stuff or should I wait?

Thanks in advance.

Lynn