willshak

On 1/3/2005 1:30 PM US(ET), Joseph Meehan took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Ben Hockenhull wrote:

I'm thinking about building a permanent workbench in my basement, and
I'm thinking about bolting a ledger board to the wall for the rear
support. It's an exterior wall, poured concrete.

Should i expect any problems from drilling 2-3 inches into my
foundation to put in some anchor bolts? Drainage on that side of the
house is quite good.

It might help if you tell us if that wall is block or poured concrete or
something else.

His last paragraph, last sentence, says 'poured concrete'.

Personally I prefer to lay a 2x4 flat on the wall and let it set on the
floor and nail it to the wood framing member at the top. Any ledger boards
or whatever in the future can to nailed to it.

--
Bill