xrongor

in this case you need to run the second outlet off the gfi or it wont be gfi
protected. i could be wrong, but i believe if you put multiple outlets in a
box with a gfi, they must all be gfi.

the FIRST thing you need to do is read the instructions on the gfi. if its
operation isnt clear to you, hire a pro otherwise there is a good chance you
will not have ANY protected outlets.

randy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm upgrading a GFCI-protected single duplex receptacle to a two-gang
box with two duplex receptacles. Since I'm not familiar with the ins
and outs of the code, do I need to pigtail the hot lead to each outlet,
or can I simply connect the hot to the first receptacle and feed the
second with a short lead from the other hot terminal on the first
receptacle?

Thanks.