George E. Cawthon

Hi

I would like to remove a regular door (about 78" x 28"), and
replace it with mirrored bi-fold doors.

Can you do that? Or, do you have to rip out the existing conventional
door frame and re-frame it?

Does it required a track on the bottom? This door is to the laundry
room, so I don't want anyone tripping over a track on the floor.
HELP!

Clue-less in Philly,
-Mike

Yes you can and it is not difficult. Each bifold has two
piviots at the edge of the frame, one at the top in a track
and one at the bottom. A bifold won't be as tight as a
regular door and most are shorter than a standard door. You
will probably need make the height slightly less by adding
wood to mount the track at the top. Then you will need to
add some trim at the top and some on the side for looks and
a tighter fit.

Standard bifold doors don't have a track at the bottom.