Dr. Hardcrab

"Dave in Lake Villa" wrote in message
'The main problem with Goodman over the years was their policy of
selling units to anyone off the streets. This means that some hack with
a little knowledge of soldering will install the units (improperly!) and
then the customers can't understand why the units crap out after only a
year or two.'

ME: That doesnt discount Goodman Equipment quality, especially as of
late. I think it is a good alternative to Manufacturers that load in
marketing and advertising dollars into their equipment . Goodman uses
Copeland Scroll compressors in 12 seer (??) and above..and they use
copper condensor coils for greater durability. Plus they have a huge
wholesaler network across the nation which is a plus.

I agree. Their new units look pretty "classy" AND they are now offering
"lifetime warranty on the life of the compressor" (for the original owner).
They are relly trying to improve their image. True, Goodman doesn't have all
of the bells and whistles of some of the premium brands, but they aren't all
that bad,...