Oscar_Lives

ONLY BUY TOPTIER GAS!

http://www.toptiergas.com/

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:54:29 GMT, Dan_Musicant
wrote:

OK, this is off topic for alt.home.repair but I can't resist putting it
in my crosspost, there's so many canny folks who check out that NG, and
I know almost all of them drive.

I was chatting with my auto mechanic the other day and I asked him if he
thought all gas was pretty much the same these days - an idea I'd been
encountering. He didn't agree at all.

Now I guess I should say that I have no connections with the petroleum
industry of any kind, none in the auto industry either, or any other
industry associated in any way with gasoline.

He said his truck was running sluggishly and he put in a tank of 76 high
octane and could hardly believe the difference it made. Suddenly the
truck ran smoothly. He said he has a lot of evidence that he and other
people are getting very significantly better mileage since switching to
76. I guess that's 76 Union, unless they've changed their name.

I asked him if he had any experience with their regular gas, and he
couldn't really say, it seemed.

I thought I'd throw this out there and see what other people think.

Myself, I've been using the cheapest regular I can find, usually from
Costco, or a station I know where they sell pretty cheap if you give
them cash. I drive less than 2000/year with my two cars, so it isn't a
giant deal for me, but more mileage and smoother performance would be
reason enough for me to switch to a recommended brand.

Dan

I found that premium BP, Amoco or Shell makes my car run smooth and
efficiently. If I buy Racetrack or Direct premium gas, my car tends
to run rough and stalls. My car is a 1983 model and it is very
sensitive. Some gas stations will have higher water content which
will cause rough idling, especially during the winter months. I've
heard truckers say that 76 gas is all they buy.