Julie P.

"MUADIBŪ" wrote in message
Yes. The output voltage and the wiring orientation (polarity) should
match the tool.....generally speaking.center being( + )and outer
being ( - )

Hi, thanks for your help Muadib! I am not sure what wiring orientation means
in this case. I don;t know much about electrical other than what I stated in
my original post.. The rotary tool takes an AC/DC adapter. The plug end
(with the prongs) plugs into a standard North American electrical outlet,
and the other end (round cylindrical part) plugs into the rotary tool
directly to operate the tool.

In my experience I have seen some adapters that had inverted inner and
outer polarity. make sure to check that also.

How do I check this?

Otherwise a DC current
will turn a rotary tool in reverse, if there is nothing to keep it
from turning at all such as Diodes.............if this happens you
will be buying a new tool or repairing the one mentioned.