Julie P.

"Pop" wrote in message
Julie P. wrote:
Hi, I have a U.S. mini rotary tool that uses an AC/DC adapter
operate. The input is 120V AC 60 Hz, and the output is 12V DC
500 mA.

Someone from Australia wants to know if this mini rotary tool
will
work with their Australian AC/DC adapter. I know Australia
operates
on 220V and 50 Hz, just like Europe.

So if this person's Australian AC/DC adapter outputs the
necessary
12V DC 500 mA, regardless of its input, will it work with this
U.S.
mini rotary tool?

Thanks for any help!

Julie

Yes, IFF it outputs the proper voltage. Only a digital PSU would
have that range of input voltages, or a switch to change the
Mians voltage. With DC you don't have to worry so much about
frequency.

Pop

Thanks Pop for the help!

J.