Mr Angry

Default Crap B&Q Mains Halogen Spots

If your considering buying mains halogen spotlights from B&Q here's my
experience which may make you reconsider.

I recently brought 18 Mains Halogen Potlights from B&Q, and found
after fitting that 6 of the halogen bulbs failed within 3 days. I
returned the bulbs together with the invoice as proof of purchase and
was told there was no garauntee on the halogen bulbs.

I pointed out that the bulbs concerned GU10's had a 1500 hour
gaurantee, as indicated on the packaging of the spare bulbs.
To my amazement the manager of the Kidderminster store argued that
these were not the same bulbs even though the model GU10 was clearly
printed on the lamp.

He said the bulbs supplied were only intended to last a short time
hence the price of the halogen lamps, and the replacements would last
longer. I was also told that several people had returned these lamps
and had been told the same.

Well if these lamps are fitted with sub-standard bulbs it should be
written on the box which it is not. I intend to report this to the
trading standards on principle not because of the cost involved.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced these problems with the
mains halogen spotlights from B&Q.