Rich

I'm not too worried about the signal loss. 3 or 4 dB I guess.

What I was worried about is the one signal to two different receivers. The
receivers do not have some ... "address"?

I don't know the basics of satellite setups so I was wondering about
splitting the signal between two receivers. no worries I guess?

Thanks for all the replies. I mean... $165.00 NOT paid to an installer is
$165.00 still in my pocket. After Christmas, it would be nice to hold on to
it.

In our previous home, I completely wired the cable TV's so I'm familiar with
it. I just wasn't sure about the satellite dish and signals.

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message

If not the best group to post, please let me know.

I have four rooms with DirecTV. I want to add another receiver to a

room.
The room is adjacent to another room with a receiver already installed.

Can I simply get a splitter from the one coax to both receivers? Or do

need to add an additional line from the dish?

"They" claim you need a special splitter, but I have used a regular

splitter
from WallMart and it works fine (without any degradation of the signal).

Hi,
Splitter typically incur some signal loss but if it works, that's good.
I never ran into problem using splitter so far.
Tony