sofie

majortom:
NO, electrolytics are NOT "easiest to test"..... in circuitry like the
vertical deflection and SMPS; you must test with an ESR meter..... all
other methods do not give you important ESR information that is vital to
proper operation.
If you do not have an ESR meter then just replace all of the electrolytics
near and around the vertical deflection output circuitry, there are only
about a half dozen, fairly cheap to do.
With your JVC television you should pay special attention to c424 and c425
and any other 4xx series electrolytics.
Again, without an ESR meter do not waste your time trying to test, just
replace them.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"majortom" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the quick reply Jerry, I'll go there first.
Will let ya know how I make out. Makes sense, as
complete Vert Output Circuit Failure usually results in a catostrophic
failure, as in completely collapsed.

I'm not looking at the set at the moment, but are ya talkin
Electrolytics
as a common defective cap or what?? Those are easiest to test with
my limited test equipment. Most likely to leave a factory as "walking
wounded"
too I would think.

Bill