Amolao

Yes this is a factory diode, goes in the back of the gauge cluster use on the nissan 240SX models. There is only 4 diodes and a resistor on the back of the cluster. The diodes control the illumination path on the car and cluster lights. I have the factory nissan manual and it does not show any identification for electronic components on the schematics. Just the basic name,i.e. relay, diode,etc
The diagram uses the symbol for a standard diode, not a zener....
The reason I replaced it (I have another cluster I use for parts....and used those diodes..) Is because my driving lights will stay on constantly....even with the light switch off......traced it to the cluster and found two diodes that were shorted, I replaced them and problem solved....but will like to find a replacement for new ones so I can have spares....