Tim Schwartz

Jak,

It is possible that the power outage, especially if it was a low
voltage condition, caused the microprocessor to lock up. I'd just use
it until it dies as well.

Unplugging most modern equipment for a few minutes if it fails to
operate is not a bad idea in general, as this will usually reset the
microprocessor IF that's what the problem is. But it is certainly an
easy and inexpensive thing to try.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics

jakdedert wrote:

Model SD-K700. I normally push the power (or any other button) to boot this
thing. Today nothing at all happened. I finally unplugged it for a few
seconds and everything is now back to normal. I believe I had a brief power
outage a few days ago...hadn't used it since then.

In the opinion of the group, is this a sign of impending doom (which
requires immediate attention), or should I continue to use the machine as
normal? I seem to remember something like this happening to it a few months
ago.

jak