adrian82

Hello Stephen

Stephen Sank wrote:
The ATF, auto-track-find, servo does both the tracking and speed

detect. If you have lines of
static in the picture, one or both tape guides have drifted out of

place(due to thermal changes
loosening the set screws), which would screw up speed detection if it

was far enough off.

Well there aren't any lines in the picture, but detection of speed does
not
work, i.e. tape will always be played in LP even if recorded in SP.
When
I playback an LP, picture is a little instable and video sometimes
drops out periodically. But when I record a tape and playback on
a known-good camcorder, both SP and LP recordings are perfect in
picture and sound. So what's the matter with it ?

regards,
Adrian