tekman

yoda439 wrote:
I will try that thanks.This was my first scope and I really like it

and
have learned alot.I also have the Tek 305 W/DMM built in that I also
enjoy.I also built the ESR capacitor scope tester with the 5.6R and

2k7
resistors as it showed in schematic and puts about 10mV across the
probes.I am running 100KHZ with sine through it as suggested.One

person
suggested using 1K and not 2k7 with square wave instead.I calibrate

it
with 1R,3R and 10R as suggested.I will post when the scope is fixed

for
other readers.What do you think? Thanks

The ESR tester is nice, but for my everyday work I miss one featu it
lacks power (SMPS repair and most often fault find on low impedance
side - rectifiers, caps, etc.).

So I upgraded it it with variable frequency: I choose
400Hz/1kHz/4kHz/10kHz/40kHz/100kHz switchable bec. this was the most
useful for my application - others may choose different ones. I would
not recommendto go higehr than 100 kHz due to phase shift effects,
makes the frontend circuitry for the scope in X/Y mode harder to
design.

Output Power I've increased to deliver up to 1 A RMS. Tracker/ESR
tester works now nicely from 20 mOhm to 20 kOhm. This combines ESR and
Octopus(Huntron tracker) mode for me in one single box.

hth,
Andreas