Jerry G.

You should let the tech fix the set. If there are any problems with the
scans, most sets will go in to a protection mode, which I suspect your set
is doing this.

--

Jerry G.
=====

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi everyone, thanks for reading. My TV has 2 power buttons, the main
power switch and the sub power. When the main power is depressed, the
red LED in the front is lit. I hit the sub power button and the set
turns on, LED off. It works fine for a few minutes and then dies, and
I can't get the red LED to come back on for a few minutes to half an
hour or so. When the LED comes back, it works just like before, few
minutes, then dies.

I'm in a foreign country, and the repair guy says it's a problem with
the "vertical" something (that's the only word I understand), and wants
to charge me around 50 bucks to fix it. Not a lot of money, but I feel
it must be a power problem due to the symptoms. Anyone familiar with
these symptoms?

Any help is much appreciated.