Richard Clements

GregP wrote:

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:4worry0600, "Swingman" wrote:

I can
guarantee cell phones are at least one source of your "peace of mind" when
you can't physically be there to protect them, and the older they get, the
less often that is..

Ain't that the truth ! And you never stop worrying,
and every time the phone rings in the middle of
the night, you dread what you might hear from
the other end.

I don't have any kids yet, but my wife worries me sick some times. just
before Christmas she and a friend went shoping after work and she didn't
get home until 12:30, with no call, nothing! and she didn't understand why
I was so upset and worried. her statement was "I'm an adult and you do it
to", then she got ****ed when I explained that I'm 6'2", 270lbs, a guy, and
more offten then not carring a sidearm. the fact that I'm over 30% bigger,
a lot stronger, and not the preferred genter of most of the predictors out
there, and I still carry a weapon didn't mean anything. she has a pager
but she never carries it.

Granted the Boise area isn't really a dangerous place to live, but over
the years we've had a number of women attacked, and some killed, down by
the green belt, and in the down town area, and a couple of teens raped in
the Bench area of town. Call me paranoid but the very thought that we
would be in a position to be victimized scares the hell out of me.