Bob Schmall

"Upscale" wrote in message
"Bob Schmall" wrote in message news:8wgCd.168473

This craftsman vs. artiste-type thread breaks out every so often, and it
will never go away. A hundred years from now it'll be laser-guided saws

vs.
robot-control machines that accept a log at one end and spew out a

cabriole
leg from the other.

I think it comes down to not mattering how something is made as long as
it's
useful, gets compliments from the people we know and costs less than
buying
one. (assuming that one works for free when woodworking)

Aha! J.S. Mills' Utilitarianism rears its head again!
Where's our Court Philosopher? Watson! You're needed here.

Bob