Gino

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 06:39:10 GMT, "Jim Warman" wrote:

144Kb though Micro$oft had a way of packing a bit more onto them when they
shipped Winders Fer WerkGroops....

HOWEVER.... I can still vaguely recall single side, low density that
couldn't hold what is now a smallish *,gif....

While we're at it... how many can remember when a 44Meg HDD was HUGE!!!

I have a luggable with a 10 meg HD. The purchase price of the computer new was
about 20 grand.
I weighs about 38 pounds and the last time I plugged it in 5 years ago it still
worked. Now I'm having the urge to haul it out of the shed and plug it in.

"Silvan" wrote in message
Dave in Fairfax wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote:
snip
It seems a bit more reasonable when you consider that
a floppy only held 185K IIRC.

180K

I was thinking 160K. Hrm.

--