Larry Jaques

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 01:16:40 GMT, Groggy
calmly ranted:

I am not really sure how I managed it, but I have a lot more room and
the saw is much easier to get to. The only thing i lost was easy
access to the DC switch, I have to walk around BUFF to get to it now.

My DC switch is manipulated with a stick here, too. As I clean and
make new cabinets, clamp racks, etc. I'm finding more room, too.
This is a Good Thing(tm), fer sher.

Did she ask what that noise was as you lagged her in with 3-1/2"
deck screws through the bathroom door?

Hmmm, thinks...

Glad to hear it. It was a glorious and sunny day here today but it
hovered just above freezing all day long.

Har, Har! (Oops, did I type that out loud?)

I hope you're sweating up a storm right now with that upside down
weather you have down yonder. so there

P.S: Is your redback like our Black Widow spider? Very painful but
not deadly to most people, and she has a red hourglass on her tummy.

A very close relative, the Redback has caused deaths, but not recently
due to anti-venom:

http://www.austmus.gov.au/factsheets/redback.htm

If the venom is similar, it feels like a lit cigarette is placed on
(and remains on) your skin for about five minutes. I got some of the
sweats but none of the nausea. I believe the welt got about nickel
sized. First it was white with a red pinprick center, then about 8
hours later it reversed colors. Very strange. It itched for about a
week but the swelling was gone in a couple days. I didn't see a doctor
and probably wouldn't for a rattlesnake bite, either...unless I keeled
over. Bites/venom are no fun, though, so I try to avoid them. The
black widow got me from a tree outside. I was sitting on the lawn when
the "cigarette" fell on me. I barely caught sight of her and wondered
for awhile where she had come from. It had to be the tree, as I would
have felt her climbing my arm had she done so. C'est la vie.

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright