Brian Elfert

Groggy writes:

I promised the missus a (melamine) cabinet for the laundry, but to
allow for shelf locations I needed to drill lots of holes. Since it
has been a while since I last used my electric drills I dragged them
out and gave them their day in the sun.

I'd forgotten how much faster and more powerful they are than the
DeWalt 12v, which, although a useful tool, isn't close to being in the
same class.

I have both a Dewalt 3/8" corded drill and a Porter-Cable 1/2" 19.2V
drill.

The cordless has way more torque than the corded drill. I was trying to
drive screws into concrete once. The Dewalt would just stop with the
screw having an inch to go. The Porter-Cable would drive them in another
1/2" and then snap them off. I ended up renting a Hitachi nail gun that
uses the explosive charges to get my 2x4s anchored to the floor.

Brian Elfert