Doug Miller

In article .com, wrote:
I just bought my first circular saw and would love to hear some safety
advice from the seasoned pros. I have enough fear of the tool to treat
it with the utmost respect, but words from the wise would be highly
prized.

In addition to the other advice you've received (mostly excellent), I'd like
to add this:

The tool has two handles for a *reason*. You can't possibly amputate one of
your hands if they're both on the tool handles where they belong. And it's
much easier to guide accurately with both hands. Use a cutting platform on
sawhorses, and clamp the workpiece down to it, so you don't need to use one
hand to hold the work while the other hand holds the saw.

--
Regards,