George

wrote in message
I've got a small basement shop, roughly 18' X 12' and it's paneled off
from the rest of the basement with a closing door. I have a 10"
contractor table saw, a 4" jointer, a 1/2" drill press, a 10" disk
sander, the proverbial router, SCMS, and whatever. Sometimes when I'm
cutting the sawdust in the air is just too much, so I've decided that
I'll look into; (a) a small sawdust collector, or (b), a ceiling hung
filtration system. So what I'm wondering is whether the typical
ceiling hung filtration system would suffice... and whether my Rigid
wet/dry 9 gallon/3.5 HP vac can be rigged for sawdust collection
considering the open end of my table saw?

Or would a dust collector like the Jet DC 1100 or a Delta AP400 be a
better overall choice?

In a shop your size it's tough to beat an outfit like the JET two-stage DC
at http://www.woodworkingshop.com/ .

In spite of the precipitator advocates, it's much more efficient to capture
at the source. Use standard HVAC pickups, available in greater variety to
suit your circumstances, and move the hose to the appropriate tool. You'll
be putting the entire volume of your shop through the collector every four
minutes anyway.

Easier to keep the floor clean, too.