James \(Garry\) Hunter

I would like to have a look at some of the old houses they built and find
some marks of the axe. I may have a problem getting anyone to open the door
if I walk up their sidewalk with the axe over my shoulder. It looks like the
type of axe used to cut heads off in the Tower of London.

I can not see any colour change, the steel has a shine look to it. The axe
looks like it is all the same steel. The sides are not smooth, there are
indents on the flat side that look like it may have been made by pouring the
steel into a cast or something and the indents were made by gas or trapped
air bubbles. The top is 1 ¼ X 3 5/8 inches and has been flattened out a bit
from being hit many times. I know that he made his hand saws and think he
may have made this axe. I have looked on the internet but I can not find out
why the axe has a D shape where the handle fits into it. The opening is
shaped like a tear drop but is flat on the one side. I can not think what it
would be like to build a house with no power tools. If the hand saw broke or
was lost to have to make one from scratch out of a piece of steel with files
is amazing and it did not take him that long to make one. He would have been
green with envy if he had seen the pictures of the jewellery box in the
Finished in time post by Todd the wood junkie.

Thank you for the information

James