Woodcrafter

You really need both the dust collector and air filtration system.
The shop vac simply wont work for your larger machines and the ceiling hung
units are not designed to catch dust from machines specifically.

If you can only buy one, get the Jet DC 1100 for your larger machines and
use your shop vac to hook up to your hand held power tools.

If you can also get a ceiling hung air filtration unit, that will take care
of all the fine dust in the airborne air (which I do recommend you take care
of as well) but its always best to catch as much dust at the source first.

--
Regards,

Dean Bielanowski
Editor,
Online Tool Reviews
http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Over 70 woodworking product reviews online!
Latest 6 Reviews:
- Jorgensen Cabinet Master Clamps
- Sherwood Lathe Copy Attachment
- Ryobi Right Angle Drill
- Porter Cable COIL250 Coil Nailer
- Ryobi 18v Cordless Jigsaw
- Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Furniture & Cabinet Construction

wrote in message
I've got a small basement shop, roughly 18' X 12' and it's paneled off
from the rest of the basement with a closing door. I have a 10"
contractor table saw, a 4" jointer, a 1/2" drill press, a 10" disk
sander, the proverbial router, SCMS, and whatever. Sometimes when I'm
cutting the sawdust in the air is just too much, so I've decided that
I'll look into; (a) a small sawdust collector, or (b), a ceiling hung
filtration system. So what I'm wondering is whether the typical
ceiling hung filtration system would suffice... and whether my Rigid
wet/dry 9 gallon/3.5 HP vac can be rigged for sawdust collection
considering the open end of my table saw?

Or would a dust collector like the Jet DC 1100 or a Delta AP400 be a
better overall choice?

Thanks in advance... Mike