Prometheus

Here on the wreck, we debate if a tabletop that's .002 from flat, or a
fence that's toed out by .005", is acceptable.

I know I already replied to this, but I like the topic. I noticed
that at about the time I started subscribing to WW magazines and
spending a bit of time reading about the subject on line, I began to
feel like my tools were just pathetically inadequate, and I'd never
reach a superb level of artistry unless I went out and got myself
widget X and Power tool Y. Got pretty bad for a while- to the point
where I didn't even want to attempt anything worth doing, lest I
discover that I just couldn't make it work out with the aforementioned
tools. Then I finally got myself out of my funk, and got back into
the shop- and surprise! all my tools worked just fine, and my projects
were as good as ever (which is to say, good enough to show folks
without any embarassment- but not quite ready for the museum)

You're right- it's a good idea to pause and take stock of things from
time to time. You don't *need* anything to make something nice-
sometimes a $10 handsaw from the borg can make as fine a piece as a
$1500 table saw in the right hands!
Aut inveniam viam aut faciam