Mark Jerde

In Maryland, near Washington DC, Verizon sends new DSL customers a
combination DSL modem / router / 4-port hub / wireless hub. At
least that's what they sent friends of mine, who I help get
connected three weekends ago. It was relatively painless to get set
up, although it did take one call to tech support. The user name
and password for the modem wasn't included in the documentation.

-- Mark

I live in NW Virginia just outside DC and am confronted with the same
request for a user name and password. Do you remember what they are?

No, but I was on hold for only about 5 minutes.

And, what did you use (in Linux) to connect to Verizon? I am running
Fedora 3. Please just let me know. Thanks, Cliff

These were WinXP computers. Someone near you should have a laptop that can
run the Verizon CD. Gimme a holler on email (remove the obvious) if you
can't find anyone, but I'll be tied up until Thuirsday or Friday at the
earliest.

-- Mark