Andy Hall

Default Screwfix

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 00:06:11 -0000, "John Stumbles"
wrote:

"Zipadee Doodar" wrote in message

Having said all that I haven't been back to Safeway since one evening in
January last year when a Security primate accused me of being a

shoplifter
(not of shoplifting there and then - I'd only just walked into the

store -
but of being someone he'd seen being arrested for shoplifting at another
Safeway's store 10 miles away). The fact that the manager backed him up

and
said he was barring me from the store without listening to me, and that

when
I wrote to the MD I got a letter back from some admin nobody saying they
couldn't be arsed to find out what had happened but I was welcome to go

back
and spend my money in their store, ****ed me off so much I've just

avoided
using them since. So I think I understand your outrage about SF!

Did you sue for defamation etc?

Talked to m'learned friends who said unless they'd said it in the hearing of
a friend of mine or to enough bystanders then it wasn't actionable.

Well, with any luck, the impending take over by Morrisons will result
in substantial upheaval, loss of customers and store closures.

There are too many supermarkets anyway, and they are frequently in
places where their presence highly disrupts the traffic flow.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl