Silvan

I live in NW Virginia just outside DC and am confronted with the same
request for a user name and password. Do you remember what they are?
And, what did you use (in Linux) to connect to Verizon? I am running
Fedora 3. Please just let me know. Thanks, Cliff

Are you setting it up for the first time? If so, you just about have to
suck it up, find some crap hard drive laying around somewhere, and throw
Windows on it to run their CD. You have to set up your username and
password to use with the thing. It's all part of the stupid CD. After
that, you can throw away Windows. Especially if you're talking to the
upstream stuff with a router that lets you put the username and password
inside it, so you don't have to screw with PPPoE stuff on the Linux side,
which I found to be a royal PITA on Debian and Mandrake. Haven't done
Fedora. It's probably no different. I recommend a router highly, just to
manage the stupid PPPoE stuff.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/