Larry Jaques

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 23:47:58 GMT, Steve Knight
calmly ranted:

I have two
small finish planes like this one
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_...nerosewood.jpg
That are 7.5" long a bit less then 3" wide and 2" high with short irons. I have
one like the pic above and a bubinga one. All of these are dated numbered and
signed. I have enough ebony to make two of the finish planes if interested.

-snip-
All planes now have finger grips and brass set screws to adjust the fit of the
iron.

I wish my old one had them. (Hmmm, I could do that myself, couldn't I?
What size do you use? Spring-loaded type?) Add a few pair of those to
my tab, will ya, Steve?

http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_...urpleheart.jpg
What other woods do you use on the jointers in a razee (AKA Moby Dick)
style without inlay? Got one with a Japanese iron? Is this the big-un
you referred to last week?

When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction. --Steven Wright