Edwin Pawlowski

"Doug" wrote in message
ups.com...
I recently used some elm harvested out of a tree, which was cut down a
couple of years ago, to turn some feet for a buffet I made for my wife.
The reason for using elm was because I could not find a piece of maple
in the size needed. I was pleasantly surprized how nicely the elm
turned in my lathe and how nicely it stained.

I bought a piece of elm from the close out bin at a supplier. I resawed it
to 3/8 and used it for a couple of boxes and a tray. Looks nice with a
Danish oil finish. If we are talking about the same elm, it needs no stain,
IMO.