James \(Garry\) Hunter

Thank you Roger and Dave.

My family arrived in Granville paying 25c each for a boat ride from
Moodyville. I think most of the houses they built would be gone now, the
fire in 1886 would have destroyed many off them. The only house that I know
they built and is still there is the Barclay House. I could never understand
why a carpenter would have a large well used axe weighing 10 lbs. I would
think is was made by a blacksmith, the blade is 1 ft long, the handle is
curved and where it fits into the axe the shape is like the letter D, the
cutting edge is on one side only. I would like to see the main beam or
supports in the Barclay House, they may have been cut by hand with this old
axe. Thank you for your suggestions, I will find a good home for them in
Vancouver BC.

James