Dave Hinz

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 21:57:42 -0500, Silvan wrote:
Dave Hinz wrote:

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:03:55 -0500, Silvan
wrote:

shirts and some dress clothes I haven't worn in yearrrrs. (I own a tie?
Why do I own a tie?)

Well, interviews, of course.

The funny thing is I have never once gotten any job I dressed up for. Ever.
"We'll call you." Right.

That's annoying, isn't it? Last time I was in the market, I took the job
I now have (no kidding) but called the other two places I had interviewed
with to thank them for their time, and to let them know I had accepted an
offer elsewhere. I didn't know if I was still in the running with them
or not, but I figured it was worth a phone call as a courtesy. Apparently
not many people do that, because they both acted strange when I did it.
Maybe they'd already hired and never bothered to call me, though, hard
to say.

OK, who are you, and what have you done with our Silvan?

You should see the curb. Wow dude. TWO entire BOXES of trash bags. I
basically threw away 80% of everything that was in our closets, and gave
the 12% of it that was worth something to someone to Goodwill.

I now have the name of the place that will take those monitors, so I'm
making progress. I also cleared out (let's see) about six square feet
of floor space, including a lot of little items that had accumulated.
Found a stack of missing CDs (don't ask) and my snap-ring plier set.

I guess we could have had a yard sale, but screw it.

Thing with that, is you have to lose a whole weekend to make a couple
hundred bucks if you're lucky, arguing with people who want to pay only
four dollars for something worth 20, instead of the 5 it's marked at.
eBay sometimes, but I've been known to take stuff to work, put up a notice
on the trade board saying "first at my desk to take it can have it" for
things that are useful, but not to me.