U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 00:33:38 -0500, firstjois
wrote:
Jim Behning wrote:
If this is supposed to be used outside I don't think laquer is the
correct finish.

I just finished a bat house and was surprised at the combination of
paints/stains they suggested for the safety of the bats and longevity of
the house: water soluable stain for the inside of the bat house, outdoor
latex primer for the outside - outside acrylic paint for final coats.

I've found that without some kind (and I'll use the outdoor latex primer
from now on) of an outdoor primer that the wood doesn't hold up to outdoor
use. Paint just peels off, flakes off, jumps off.

Sounds like a job for cedar, no?