Swingman

"GregP" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:21:32 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

Can I buy some of whatever it is you're taking?

Too much work to do thru the holidays...you can have
as much of it as you want :-)

Where/how the hell do you get that is "your attitude towards raising your
children" from my above reply??

Or is it "a reflection of the way you were raised" that would cause such

convoluted, way-out-in-left-field interpretation?

Well, it sounded like the complaint you see all of the time
that the media is corrupting our youth. If they have been
instilled with decent values, that is not anywhere near as
likely to happen than if they weren't. YMMV. But if that's
not where you were going, I apologize.

If that is what you meant, I apologize also ... didn't look like it, but I
certainly agree with what you say above.

I've almost finished raising two ... if you ever do "finish" that job, that
is. A good example of the media's "influence" is the recent outcry about
Abercrombie & Fitch and their catalog aimed at the teen market a year or so
back. My youngest, 19 now, while she didn't fall for it, had lot's of
friends who did ... or parents who didn't care, or notice, or who ignored
it.

That's not to say that I did not feel that I had to "refresh" her training a
bit on the matter, so we had a discussion about what I felt was "wrong" with
pitching sex to young teens in advertisements.

I also reinforced, at the time, that she could spend her own money where she
wished, but that _my_ money was not going to be spent supporting the type of
thinking and values that company portrayed in their advertisements ... and I
that I would be disappointed if she did not feel the same way.

As far as I know, she has never been back to A & F.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04