Martin Angove

Default Possible Lighting Problem

In message ,
"Charles Middleton" wrote:

From memory, they are not to be covered with insulation, and at least
50mm (i.e. 5 cm) from any potentially flammable surface so I would have
thought that 100mm or 150mm would be fine, but check the instructions
in case the advice is different for yours.

Had another look at the instructions and nothing mentioned about the heat
from the top of the units. Ive done some more tests today and they seem to
be fine and there is no excess heat build up in the ceiling.

I've just found the instruction leaflet for mine - Aurora downlighters
from Screwfix (p163, 19324). The dimensions given are 135mm height -
i.e. in total from ceiling to nearest obstacle above, and 75mm *from
spring mount* to nearest vertical obstacle. The diagram shows a lamp
almost completely enclosed in a box of these dimensions though :-)

Hwyl!

M.

--
Martin Angove: http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/
.... If I want your opinion I'll beat it from you