Charles Middleton

Default Towel Radiator with Microbore

All,

Im thinking about installing a towel radiator in my bathroom. However, my
central heating is Microbore and Im not sure what sort of fittings I need to
connect the radiator to the central heating system.

Ive created a diagram to try and explain how it fits together....

http://www.btinternet.com/~remotec/towel.htm

The side view is meant to show how far the pipes come away from the wall.

The front view is reasonable self explanatory I hope. The current radiator
fits in between the 570mm span.

Will it be possible to install some sort of valves that go upwards instead
of inwards (towards the radiator) like the current ones do and then perhaps
put a reducer on that to make it into the correct size (15mm??) to feed the
radiator?

The microbore is embedded in the wall of the bathroom so I don't have much
flexibility to move it around. I've had a quick look on screwfix etc and I
can see radiators advertised that are for example 600mm in width. I presume
that that measurement is the total width of the item and not the width
between the two pipes that would feed it?

If anyone can give me a quick and simple overview of what I would need to do
fit the radiator Id be very very grateful.

Thanks in advance,

CM.