Todd Fatheree

"Mark" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'd say it depends on the job how accurate the tools need to be.

Putting up
wainscotting and stock moldings sounds like the type of job that might

not
require tight tolerances.

todd

"Sounds like" paints a sad commentary of your experience. I work and
live in an industry that requires me to install window/door trim, case,
base, crown, as well as a multitude of other things to a high level of
accuracy. We often refer to our joints (made in the field) as "dead

tight".

I'm only going by the information presented. And I left out an important
piece of information in my post. My last sentence should have more clearly
stated that it might not require tight tolerances in the table saw. Putting
up moldings (that look good) requires a lot of accuracy. But I wouldn't
expect that the difficult part about putting up moldings, which is getting
the angles cut accurately, isn't generally a job for the table saw anyway.
Barry didn't say that the table saw was his only tool, just his "major" one.
He may have a CMS or even a miter box he cuts those with. IF he's cutting
the plywood with the table saw setup described, I'd be impressed, though it
wouldn't be the procedure I'd use with even the slightly nicer table saw
setup that I have. I'd probably use a straight edge and circular saw, since
I have trouble handling plywood sheets on the table saw. Beyond that, I did
say that it "might' not require tight tolerances, since I don't know exactly
the scope of the project that was briefly described. However, I should
probably defer to Barry who has actually seen it.

todd