Richard A.

Default Sizing and Laquer Question

I'm building a martin house from a plan. It called for a 1/2 x 2 eye
bolt and a 5/16 x 1 eye bolt. Easy enough... I found the first one
which was marked: 1/4-20 x 2. I take it the 20 is a thread count.

I couldn't find the second but another package was marked as 10-24 x
1-1/2. What does the 10-24 mean? I count about 13 threads.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I decided to finish my project with
lacquer. Lowes has about a hundred versions of Polyurethane and
variations on that. It has plenty of oils, shellac, and mineral
spirits, and paints of course. But it had one can of spray on lacquer.
This seems odd to me. I'll go to Woodcraft tomorrow if I get a chance
but I'm wondering why Lowes wouldn't have more lacquer products. Any ideas?

Richard A.