Todd Fatheree

"Ba r r y" wrote in message
I just checked out my neighbor's job fitting out and finishing his
basement. He did a kick ass job, it really came out well. All
materials were store bought moldings, wainscot, oak plywood, etc...

Why am I posting this?

His "major tool" is a direct drive, Craftsman table saw, with about a
14" x 14" table top. He paid $15 for it at a yard sale. Get this,
his fence is a piece of PINK FOAM INSULATION BOARD! G

Here on the wreck, we debate if a tabletop that's .002 from flat, or a
fence that's toed out by .005", is acceptable.

FWIW, He dosen't have cable and doesn't know who Norm, David Marks,
etc... are.

Cool!

Barry

I'd say it depends on the job how accurate the tools need to be. Putting up
wainscotting and stock moldings sounds like the type of job that might not
require tight tolerances.

todd