Leif Thorvaldson

You can use a scorp for that also. See:
http://woodcraft.com/search/search.aspx?query=scorp

Leif
"Mike Rinken" mwrinken at gmail dot com wrote in message
news:ef3f0$41db227e$41a9ca42$19772@allthenewsgroup s.com...
So I've turned a bunch of wooden utensils for friends and family, but
never had time to finish them for Xmas presents. The reason behind this
is not because of the handles (which look fab thank you very much) but
because of the other end. I've gotten good creating the wooden flipper
but I'm having trouble finding an efficient way to carve or remove the
material from the spoon to make it a spoon. I've tried my dremel with an
aggressive sanding tube and that works, but takes forever to actually
hollow it out and get a good spoon. I've also tried my ROS with 80 grit
on it and cut round groves on the edges to make a textured spoon, but not
one with a good deep spoon pocket.

So How do I create or hollow out the spoon part after I've turned the
handle? I cannot think of any way to do this with the lathe, and I need
to do it in an efficient manner as I have about 30 of these to do.

Thanks!!!