mac davis

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:03:26 -0800, "Jeff S"
wrote:

hey Jeff...
I'm in Clovis... do you know of any local turning groups?

I read that you got some good advice on a very fine starter machine....I
still use mine. I have a suggestion that is absolutely free. One source of
a lot of lathe items, especially pen supplies, is Penn State Industries.
Their prices are not always the rock bottom but they are fair and delivery
time is top notch. Anyway, they offer a free DVD that walks you through
creating a slim-line pen. It is a good place to start and their catalog
offers a LOT of explanations of what you need, may want or could live
without, but looks cool items. So try www.pennstateind.com and by the way,
I am not associated with them in any way and I usually support our small
local Wood Shed guy here in Fresno. Enjoy Turning!

Jeff in Fresno, California

"jamesleroy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, I'm new to wood turning and plan to purchase the Jet mini lathe.
My question is..what else do I need to purchase in order to turn pens,
bowls and boxes. Chuck?...insert? (which) ....jaws?...I know I need
cutting tools and should get a shield but just not sure what comes
included. would appreciate advice on good quality turning tools.
Anything else I need? Thanks Jim

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing