Justin

Default 22mm to 15mm compression reducer

I'm installing an automatic air vent in the 22mm feed pipe to a shower pump.
The vent uses a 1/2" to 15mm connection. I was told the neatest way would be
to use a 22-15mm reducer in the 22mm equal tee, off which is the vent.

I've never used these before so some advise would be appreciated. I can see
that it replaces the 22 mm olive, but I'm not sure which way up it should
be. The obvious way has the reducer flush with the back edge of the 22mm nut
when assembled, the other has it sticking proud about 5-8mm.

My other question is how is the seal made with the 15mm pipe which inserts
into the reducer. Does the reducer act as an olive and compress onto the
pipe. This seems unlikely because it looks quite solid brass not capable of
being crushed upto the 15mm pipe.

thanks

---